1. H.E. President Joseph Kabila Kabange of the Democratic
Republic of Congo made a one-day working visit to Uganda
on 2nd December, 2013 at the invitation of H.E. President
Yoweri Kaguta Museveni.
2. The two Heads of State met in a warm and cordial
3. The two Presidents agreed that the Kampala Dialogue
between the Government of the DRC and M23 should be
brought to a conclusion as soon as possible, so as to
facilitate the peaceful return of M23 ex-combatants and the
completion of the process of demobilization.
4. This would further create appropriate conditions for the
return of Congolese refugees living in neighboring countries
and the Internally Displaced Persons.
5. H.E. President Kabila re-affirmed his determination to rid the
DRC of all other negative forces including the FDLR and ADF.
6. The two Presidents also took the opportunity of the meeting
to discuss ways of furthering cooperation between the two
countries by reviving the Joint Permanent Commission to
deal with infrastructure issues, border demarcation and
Done at State House, Entebbe, on December 2nd, 2013