1. H.E. President Joseph Kabila Kabange of
Republic of Congo made a one-day working
visit to Uganda
on 2nd December, 2013
at the invitation of H.E. President
Yoweri Kaguta Museveni.
2. The two Heads of State met in a warm and cordial
3. The two Presidents agreed that the Kampala
between the Government of the DRC and M23
brought to a conclusion as soon as possible,
so as to
facilitate the peaceful return of M23
ex-combatants and the
completion of the process of demobilization.
4. This would further create appropriate
conditions for the
return of Congolese refugees living in
and the Internally Displaced Persons.
5. H.E. President Kabila re-affirmed his
determination to rid the
DRC of all other negative forces including
the FDLR and ADF.
6. The two Presidents also took the
opportunity of the meeting
to discuss ways of furthering cooperation
between the two
countries by reviving the Joint Permanent
deal with infrastructure issues, border
Done at State House, Entebbe, on December 2nd, 2013